Who we are
Our website address is: https://thetransitionwell.transitioningwell.com.au/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
2. Kinds of personal and health information collected
We only collect personal and health information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with the services you have requested, enhance your use of The Transition Well digital platform, and to enable us to provide the services offered on the platform. The type of personal information we may collect from you includes personal information, such as your full name, email address, and details about your marital or relationship status. The type of health information we collect is the due date or date of birth of your child. We also collect information on your current relationship status and your relationship to your child/ren. This data allows us to customise the platform and provide resources based on your personal circumstance.
When providing your personal information to us, some information may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data, you may be unable to continue using the program and/or we may not be able to effectively provide our services to you.
3. Collection of your personal information
In most cases, we will collect personal information directly from you and/or your employer. This may take place when you/your employer provides us with your personal information through via email, in person, over the telephone or by completing documents, such as an administrative form.
In operating The Transition Well (platform) Transitioning Well may collect:
- Information that does not personally identify you but tracks your use of the platform
- Information that does personally identify you (including details such as name, email address) but only when you voluntarily give it to us; and/or
- Sensitive information, including health information (such as your child’s expected date of birth) but only when you voluntarily give it to us (for example, if you establish an account).
The collection of this personal information is required to enable Transitioning Well to provide the services to you on the platform, to send you general correspondence relating to your Transition Well account (i.e.including and not limited to, newsletters) and to ensure the highest quality of service provision. Individuals do not have to supply TW with their personal or health information, However, if the individual chooses not to do so, TW may be unable to provide the services required or sought.
4. Storage and security of your personal information
From time to time, we may hold personal information in any combination of data storage facilities, cloud computing facilities or paper-based files which may be operated or held by us or by third party service providers under a contractual arrangement. These service providers may hold information locally or overseas.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to maintain the security of your personal information from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. We cannot ensure or warrant that your personal information will always be secure during transmission or protected from unauthorised access during storage. Therefore, you provide your personal information to us at your own risk. Please contact us immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information in connection with the platform.
Please note that under the law and standards of psychology, your online material pertaining to any assessment results and health information (including the birthdate of your child) is transmitted securely through a Virtual Private Network (VPN). At any stage, you may request to see the information that relates to you. All requests for access to information should be lodged with Transitioning Well, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 1300 824 808.
5. Use and disclosure of your personal information
TW will use and disclose your personal and health information in order to provide you with the services requested, for you to use the platform, and for TW to send you material related to the platform (i.e. newletters, resources). You hereby consent to TW:
- Contacting you to ask you to provide feedback about the platform, including through an anonymous email survey;
- Collecting, moderating and sharing comments and feedback provided by you;
- Using your personal and/or health information to contact you for advertising, promotional and direct marketing purposes in order to inform you about our activities and to improve the platform;
- Using your personal and/or health information to perform administrative functions and activities in relation to our services and the platform;
- Using your personal and/or health information to improve our services or platform to develop new products or services, which may involve performing analytics on information that we collect automatically;
- Disclosing the personal information we collect to third parties we engage to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as mail outs, event management, marketing, research and advertising;
- Disclosing the personal information and/or health information we collect on a de-identified basis to provide research data to Government and/or private sector organisations, and/or your employer
- Using your personal and/or health information to respond to enquiries you make regarding the services or website;
- Using your personal information and to provide you with online training where applicable;
- Using your personal and/or health information to comply with any applicable laws.
If you decide that you do not wish to receive information from us, please contact us with your request to be removed from our mailing list. We will remove your name within a reasonable period of receipt of notice.
Where practicable, we will endeavour to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes described above on a de-identified basis.
6. Purpose of collecting your personal and health information
The purpose of collecting your personal and health information is to:
- provide services and support to you, including timely and relevant information about emotional and mental wellbeing throughout pregnancy and the first twelve months following the birth of a baby; and
- to provide reports on the uptake and use of the program to your organisation
- obtain de-identifiable data for the purpose of further improving the program
7. Access, amendment and deletion of your personal information
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. Please contact us to examine your personal information, if required, and we will provide a complete list of your personal information within a reasonable period of receipt of your request. You may contact us to amend any of your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date or request that your personal information be deleted. We will amend or delete your records as requested within a reasonable period of receipt of notice. If applicable, any legal requirement on us to maintain certain records of your personal information shall prevail over any of your requests. Transition Well may require identification to be provided before releasing copies of personal information.
If you use a link to access a third party website, you do so entirely at your own risk. You should always read the applicable privacy policies on the other websites.
10. Mandatory data breach notifications
From 22 February 2018, pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, we are required to notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner if we suspect that a data breach (relating to your personal and/or health information) has occurred and there is real risk of serious harm to you as a result of the breach.
11. Applicable law
12. Contact us
Suite 1b/307 Wattletree Rd
Malvern East 3145
Tel: 1300 824808
13. Making a complaint
If you have any concerns about how we manage your personal information, you may write to our Privacy Officer at Transitioning Well Suite 1b/307 Wattletree Rd Malvern East 3145. We will reasonably endeavour to provide a response within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by writing to the OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001. For further information about the OAIC, please visit www.oaic.gov.au.
Last Updated: 14 April 2020